Loading

December 23, 2011

RE: RE: HUMAN INCUBATOR SHALLOW PRETENTIOUS AND UNEDUCATED

And you're far too invested in this communication to have just had a passing interest.  I'm sorry but the average person who gets a response like the one I sent doesn't take the time to write an entire paragraph ripping apart a person he's just asked (whether on a whim or not) to marry him.  You wrote that to the most shallow, pretentious and uneducated of women?  Why would you write a woman like that at all?  I can't quite comprehend the fact that you enjoy communicating with pathetic people.  I only respond to pathetic people, I don't initiate contact - ie, you.  Now for how shallow my life has become (and i don't know where you get "human incubator"):

First, I'd be surprised if you've ever heard of, let alone read, any of my last reads. You keep up with the "Occupy Wall Street Blog."  Kudos.  You're current with what anyone who watches an hour of MSNBC a day knows.

Second, I mentioned that I am CONSTANTLY traveling; that I frequent Tokyo, London, China, even small towns like Marfa, TX.  And rather than rethinking reproducing because I might "influence" or "share my values," I am quite comfortable knowing that I am constantly exposed to new cultures, fashions, food, values, traditions, people, customs, etc.  As such I am constantly re-evaluating who I am and and who I want to be and how I can pass these values on to others in life.  And that includes why I think people like you who send pathetic e-mails and write terrible profiles deserve to know as much.

Third, you said because I'm passionate about fashion I'm frivolous, and I should consider doing more with my life than work with cotton.  Well I'd say you might want to try to get paid for your passion, ie playing in your little "quartet." That or move on with your life and get a new job.  You're a school teacher and you're 44.  I know how much teachers get paid and your pension isn't going to leave you in a great place come retirement.  At least my passion was my business.  And it paid well.  I said that one of my biggest passions was discovering "new designers" not "working with cotton" and that "continuing to work with them to grow their brands" was an added bonus.  Huh.  That sounds like a business model to me.  And it was quite a profitable one, which allowed me to be part of a number of charitable organizations.  Imagine that!

Fourth, I have a book deal.  Do you really think a publisher is going to pay me to write a book if I have trouble understanding all those big words?

Truth is, you're the one who's 44, lives in New Jersey, is a high school teacher and coaches tennis on the side, plays in a little "quartet" for fun, and loves Burt's Bees, shakes, pull-in parking spots, Listerine, pita pizza, canned corn, candies loaded with corn syrup, crunchy peanut butter, and Tracy Morgan. 

I'm the one who's 35, spent 18 years in Los Angeles as a fashion consultant to The Government of Japan, to the Intelligence Group, as a Celebrity Stylist, and as the owner of my own appointment-only, high-end Boutique.  I'm the one with a book deal.  I'm the one who is shopping a TV show.  I'm the one with a popular blog that you played right into.  And I'm the one who was in the top tier of one of LA's largest charities, holding events in collaboration with them and doing what I could to contribute as I believe in being a humanitarian. 

I'm not seeing an even playing field.  But if you insist on continuing this volley because you feel inferior and that you have to prove yourself to a complete stranger in order to make it seem you have the upper hand, I promise, I won't write back.  You can hurl all the insults you want and I will take them without feeling the need to fight back. Why?  Because I don't care about you.  I don't care what you think.  I don't care who you are.  I don't care what happens with the rest of your life.  You are just good material for my blog.  End of story.

Now write away.

No comments:

Post a Comment