Loading

February 3, 2011

RE: RE: TALL AND BOLD LIKE A GOOD CUP OF COFFEE

well here's the thing... i don't think we have a lot in common. 

for fun you enjoy the beach, hiking and driving up or down the coast for the afternoon.  i don't like the beach (too much sand), hate to hike (too much exercise), and despise driving (i don't drive). 

your favorite hot spots are all in los angeles.  when i think of hot spots i think of various spots around the world, or the country, or even just in california...  but to confine myself to local pubs and live music venues just feels so, well, small.

you favorite things are simply music: Jesse Sykes and the Sweet Hereafter, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Elliot Smith,  among others.  there's nothing else in the world that you love?  that interests you?  that you're passionate about?

and while i love that you've read a lot, you have a cat, and i'm allergic to cats...

when you write about yourself you write about "the stages of beard removal" and go into great detail what it is like to grow, have, and slowly remove a beard - something that explains a lot about you.  and frankly, i'm not a fan of facial hair. 

then there's the standard stuff:  "I love to live and laugh, and I'm looking for someone adventurous and kind to laugh along with me... work keeps me pleasantly busy and excited at all times... I do enjoy discovering new restaurants, bars, and museums, especially with the right companion... And that's why I'm here! Hope to hear from you sometime!"  and that standard match stuff is exactly what i'm not looking for.  in my profile it says i've heard it all: will you be my partner in crime?  shall we dance?  that's what i equate to what you wrote (other than the the facial hair removal stuff which in all honesty, besides my not liking facial hair, kind of creeped me out).

i'm sorry.  i wouldn't have broken it down like this, but you wrote twice, and in order to keep from getting a third, i thought i'd just send this so you'd know why i wasn't writing back. 

but i'm crazy picky.  like insanely so.  i'm sure there are a million girls who love the beach, driving along the coast and listening to live music.  things like that are incredibly simple.  and finding someone to share those things with shouldn't be too hard.  i'm just a fashionista who likes to be pampered in a pathetically luxurious way.  i know you will find someone.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Holy Santa Claus shit. That beard is ALIVE. I'm officially freaked out now.

matchmaker said...

lol.... you are so silly funny! it is i tell you. i refrained from going into detail about the "stages of removing a beard" and the accompanying pictures, but lemme tell you, that stage was not a good one.

Anonymous said...

You know, that whole parted beard thing is seriously wierding me out, I mean, like chills (and not the good kind). Reminds me of a creepy Rip Torn, which might be an oxymoron.

matchmaker said...

you guys crack me up. i'm glad i can count on people other than myself to make me laugh. it's a lonely place to sit in your office cracking up over the strangest facial hair you've ever seen. ever.

JM said...

HA! Great stuff , I might grow a beard just like that so I can take a creepy picture to post to all of my online profiles. If I do I'll try to find you on match.com!

matchmaker said...

that's awesome.... you know it's always the first one that creeps you out. once you've seen the parted beard, you get kind of used to it, it grows on you, and well oddly, you're kind of attracted to it. so bring it JM. i'm all about second chances.

Post a Comment